Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Beautiful Birth

At five weeks postpartum we have been enjoying every minute of our precious little baby. So far it has been such a wonderful experience. From conception to birth there was so much scary information and horror stories floating around from friends, family and the wonderful internet. I was so nervous about giving birth. Pregnancy was really not all it was cracked up to be (mostly by my mother who claimed she loved every minute of pregnancy....ugh were you high?) So by nine months  ten months (seriously its 10 months people, quit playing head games with us poor preg girls) I was extremely worried about giving birth and everything afterward. My birth story was pretty straight forward, at 40 weeks and 1 day pregnant I was having some contractions my water broke at around Midnight. We went to the hospital and the pain was very mild and overall I was very excited to finally be having this baby. Everything was going really great and walking around and showering really helped the pain. When they told me I had to stay in bed about 12 hours into my labor the pain became a lot worse. I was deathly afraid of stalling my labor by taking the epidural too soon so I was trying to wait as long as possible. 16 hours in I was more than ready for the juice. I wanted to see how far I could go without it but at the end of the day it was the best $4,000.00 I ever spent. The pain was making me so tense and I really felt like I was just fighting my own body by the time the pain got really bad. Luckily the epidural gave me a chance to relax and sleep before baby came. A full 23 hours after my labor started I was ready to push (like really really ready considering I was almost crowning when they finally called the doctor and she took 45 minutes to get there) 4 big pushes later my little love was out and taking his first sweet breaths. The moral of this story is try not to worry or stress out over birth. I know that not everyone's birth can go as smooth as mine but all the anxiety over birth was a waste because it was so much easier than expected. Postpartum didn't even live up to all the horror that was promised on blogs and mommy message boards across the web. Maybe I will write a TMI post on that soon.....Stay tuned if you like stories about people peeing their pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment